I have left the blue land and its night-filled days.
Don’t look back to the mountain spine
that hemmed me close. All of it is in the brain
mental snapshots for my hippocampus.
If I think hard enough, they will change
the structure of my neurons, stimulated
simultaneously they will be burned
into my skull.
For now, I leave the land.
Retreat to a grey place cloaked
in brown noise, light, of concrete
and a glazing rain.
Follow me: @maxrobertwallis
Buy my book @Amazon.
- hushawildviolet reblogged this from boysbygirls
- didsomeonesayblonde likes this
- iamdandy likes this
- boysbygirls reblogged this from somethingeveryday
- boysbygirls likes this
- wrecktangled likes this
- dissociateddecks reblogged this from somethingeveryday and added:
- meestarman likes this
- youarethe-air-ibreathe reblogged this from somethingeveryday
- sleepingonsunbeams likes this
- xxbrokendreams likes this
- justateenagemaniac likes this
- nickcook likes this
- misscastalian likes this
- stylesvinylsandink reblogged this from somethingeveryday
- hymnsforthemissing reblogged this from somethingeveryday
- ohyeahdevelopmentalbiology likes this
- tandy-kun likes this
- synestheticwanderings likes this
- yoitsjudy likes this
- thatdudeeddie likes this
- abeetlesblog likes this
- lamournedurepastoujours likes this
- asctx likes this
- dreamsherselfalive likes this
- canitouchurbutt likes this
- somethingeveryday posted this